he Little Theatre of New Smyrna Beach was formed in 1947 by the Small Group of Citizens to Promote the Arts. Performances were originally held at the Chamber of Commerce building on Canal Street and then at the converted barn at the old Connor Ranch (Indian River Plantation) off Wayne Avenue.
In 1952 the late Mrs. Hannah Bonnet, former mayor of New Smyrna Beach, donated two beachside lots to the Little Theatre. Construction of the theater was started in 1953 and completed one year later. Over the years, additional renovations have been made, including expansion of our seating capacity to 250 seats.
In 2004 the renovation and expansion of our 50-year-old facility began. In the Fall of 2005, we reopened in a new, state-of-the-art facility that has enabled us to expand our education programs and enhance our live theater productions to meet the needs of a growing community.
The Little Theatre is a non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion, development and nurturing of live dramatic arts in our community. Our members are unpaid volunteers who share a common love of theater. We are a busy and successful community theater, literally performing, rehearsing and auditioning all year long.
Our goals are unchanged: to maintain the highest possible quality of live theater and to promote and bring education and enjoyment of the performing arts to all members of our community.