Live Music Charity Alert!!!!
Friends, June 8 is bringing a fantastic charity event to The Revel Frisco
Help a brother out if you can and take in some great tunes in the process!!!!
Here is the info friends!
ACTION-PACKED ROCK4JAMES CHARITY CONCERT CONTINUES JUNE 8
FRISCO, Texas—Join us for a one-of-a-kind, action-packedRock4James charity concert event on Saturday, June 8 at The Revel in Frisco (9305 Preston Road, Frisco). Enjoy hard-rocking fun with DFW-area stars performing in never-before-seen live combinations from 2 to 4 p.m., including an “Hour of Power” with local music students, then the eye-opening, chills-inducing, and charity-supporting variety music event kicks off on the mainstage at 6 p.m. and continues through 1 a.m.
Performing artists on the mainstage include:
• Juni Moon, a sincere and energetic tribute to Jimi Hendrix from Dallas
• Lullabies to Paralyze, a tribute to QOTSA, a Queens of the Stone Age tribute hot off a packed show at The Granada Theater
• From Day One, touring modern rockers from Knoxville, Arkansas
• Roaring Truth, melodic metal favorites from Midlothian on the heels of their worldwide EP. As heard on KEGL 97.1 and KNON; available on Spotify, iTunes, and Amazon Music
• Redhouse, DFW originals loved by Pantera experiencing their 28-year reunion show who worked alongside veteran songwriter/producer Kim Fowley (Runaways, Gene Simmons, Guns N Roses, Poison)
• Double Vision-Foreigner Experience a national touring tribute to Foreigner with award-winning members.
• Texas-Modern DAY Cowboys-Tribute to TESLACowboys, an MXD-award-winning tribute to Tesla, the ultimate 80s hard rock band
• Briefcase Blues, an international touring artist paying tribute to the beloved Blues Brothers in stadiums, festivals, and corporate events (a must-see!)
Performing artists on the secondary acoustic stage include:
• Garrett Walker, a singer-songwriter rooted in the old-school country storytelling of the ‘70s and living out his lyrics with a heart as big as Texas
• Griffin Holtby, a dashing and energetic 18-year-old who knows how to rock the atmosphere, all the way from Russia
• Luqman Rashad, 2015 American Idol finalist with passion pouring out of his heart in upscale venues including The Metroplex
• Christopher Hunt, the soulful singer/songwriter of Tripp6
• Joey C Jones and Antonio Brazil, two very gifted songwriters and performers full of joy and catchy melodies (Joey has toured extensively and worked with Cheap Trick)
• Temple of BOOM PT2, a visually explosive performance with a mashup of all things music will elevate your spirit with DJ Dru Mitchell from Orange County, CA of KEGL 97.1FM, Power FM 89.7, and JUCE TV fame, joined by Buddy Magazine “Texas Tornado” James Michael McLester
DFW resident James Michael McLester received a lifesaving kidney transplant on December 9, 2015, from Laura Workman. James spent the 12 years prior tethered to a kidney dialysis machine after being diagnosed with end-stage kidney disease at age 34. The mercury in 11 silver amalgam dental fillings leaked into his bloodstream and shut down his kidney function.
Since May 2014, James has been fundraising for the out-of-pocket costs associated with life after transplant with the national nonprofit organization Help Hope Live at helphopelive.org. Help Hope Live has maintained a four-star rating from Charity Navigator for 15 years. Proceeds from the Rock4James fundraiser will be donated to Help Hope Live in honor of James Michael McLester.
“I hope to assist others in finding resources to help defray the enormous medical costs associated with these kinds of transplants,” said James. “I am now living dialysis- and mercury-free thanks to my network of physicians and the compassionate team at Help Hope Live. Me and my wife, Kristen, now have a pathway to manage ongoing medical expenses. Rock4James came from my vision to raise awareness for screening and early detection of kidney disease.” You can keep up with James’s journey at helphopelive.org.
Can’t make it? Donations can be made in honor of James at any time at helphopelive.org or by calling 800.642.8399. Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law, and all funds raised will be used to offset medical expenses via Help Hope Live’s South-Central Transplant Fund.
Help Hope Live is a national nonprofit that specializes in engaging communities in fundraising campaigns for people who need a transplant or are affected by a catastrophic injury or illness. Since 1983, campaigns organized by Help Hope Live have raised over $135 million to pay patient expenses.